We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Events and gatherings
- Party food
- Street party
Cocada is a popular street food sold everywhere in Brazil. It's a sweet made with grated fresh coconut. If fresh coconut isn't available, desiccated coconut is a good alternative.
61 people made this
- 1 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk
- 1/2 tinful caster sugar
- 300g fresh grated or desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:30min
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes a little darker. If you find that the cocada is cooking too quickly, reduce heat to low and continue stirring.
- Once the mixture has thickened enough and feels heavy on the spoon, remove from heat and place spoonfuls on a wet marble work surface or a piece of greaseproof paper.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes (cocada will harden a bit) and transfer to a sealed container.