We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Salting Cucumbers
- Fresh cucumbers 2 kg
- Large salt 1.5 table. spoons
- Water 1.5 L
- Greens (dill, parsley) 2-3 branches
- Garlic 7-10 cloves
- Leaves of horseradish, currant, cherry 2 leaves
- Main Ingredients
Inventory:Bowl, Casserole, Knife, Cutting Board
Cooking salted cucumbers:
Step 1: Preparing the cucumbers for pickling ...Of course, it is better to cook cucumbers in the summer, when they are only from the garden and you can choose the best. Therefore, the selection criteria are as follows: cucumbers must be the same size so that the pickling occurs evenly, it is better to choose medium, slightly larger than gherkins. Pick pickles need pickled varieties - with pimples, and not smooth salad varieties. And also be guided by color and density - cucumbers should be dark green in color, without intersperses, dense and solid. We collect cucumbers in the morning so that the sun does not have time to dry them and evaporate moisture. We carefully rinse the selected candidates with running water, then put them in a large bowl or basin and fill them with cold water, in which we keep them for about an hour.
Step 2: Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3: Salt the cucumbers.We select the container in which we will pickle the cucumbers - it can be an enameled pan, bowls, cans, cans and even special plastic bags for pickling. The main thing is that cucumbers in such dishes occupy 1/3 of the volume. We spread about a third of the greens we have in the selected pan, then prepared cucumbers, chopped pieces of garlic, then again a layer of greens and so on, alternating the products. The top layer should consist of horseradish leaves and dill. We will salt the cucumbers in the cold way, which means that we will dissolve coarse salt in cold water. By the way, it is better to take well or spring water. But the usual bottled one will do. Pour cucumbers and greens with the prepared brine, put something heavy on top as oppression - a water bottle, for example. We keep the pan with cucumbers for 3-4 days in a cool place.
Step 4: Serve the lightly salted cucumbers.The indicated number of cucumbers is unlikely to be enough for you for the winter, it was just a rehearsal before a larger pickle. Therefore, after a lapse of time, we take the light-salted cucumbers out of the pan, try and transfer to a deep plate. Serve lightly salted cucumbers best with freshly cooked mashed potatoes and meat dishes. Although this is an amateur. Salty and crispy, cucumbers will give you pleasure even just with a slice of brown bread. Enjoy your meal!
- - For salting, you can add spices and seasonings - peas of any color, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, mustard seeds, etc. The main thing is not to overdo it with seasonings, so as not to interrupt the main taste of cucumbers.
- - You can pickle cucumbers and hot - pour uncooked boiling water with dissolved salt and sugar. With this method, cucumbers cook faster in 1-2 days.
- - Before pickling, it is better to cut off the cucumbers from the cucumbers - so they will salinize faster and will be spared from more nitrates and other harmful substances.
- - After salting, it is better to store cucumbers in the refrigerator to avoid further salting.
- - Do not use aluminum dishes for salting - salt destroys a thin film of aluminum, and toxic substances partially pass into the finished dish.