We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Lean Pumpkin Porridge
- Wheat groats 2 cups
- Water 4-5 cups
- Butter 20 grams
- Pumpkin 300 grams
- Honey (you can use sugar to your liking) 1 tablespoon
- Salt to your liking.
- Main ingredients: Pumpkin, Millet and Wheat
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Glass, Deep Metal Strainer, Cutting Board, Sharp Knife, Frying Pan, Wooden Shovel, Slow Cooker, Serving Dishes
Cooking lean pumpkin porridge:
Step 1: Prepare the millet.To begin with, millet must be carefully sorted, then washed several times and scalded with boiling water.
Step 2: Prepare the pumpkin.Fresh pumpkin, peel and grains, then rinse under water and cut into small cubes. Heat the pan over a fire, add the butter, then add the chopped pumpkin. Fry it a little, on all sides, stirring regularly.
Step 3: Cook the porridge.Put the prepared cereals together with the roasted and cooled pumpkin in a slow cooker, fill with water, add salt to your liking, then honey or sugar to taste. Mix everything thoroughly and cook in the "Milk Porridge" mode until fully cooked.
Step 4: Serve the lean pumpkin porridge.At the end of cooking, porridge should be infused under the lid for about half an hour. Then put the porridge on the serving plates and start the meal! If you cook porridge exactly according to the recipe, then its quantity will be enough for 5 servings. Porridge can be served in combination with butter, which must be served separately. Good appetite!
- - If you wish, you can cook the same porridge, but not lean, but in milk. You can use ordinary cow or goat milk, or you can use almond milk, which will give the porridge a special piquant taste.
- - If you are not a lover of wheat, you can cook this dish from rice, buckwheat or any other cereal, following the same principles of preparation.
- - Depending on your taste preferences, you can add honey, jam or lean mayonnaise, ground pepper and garlic to the porridge.