We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Making Japanese Dumplings - Gyoza
For the test:
- Flour 3-4 cups
- Water 2-3 cups For the filling:
Ingredients for making Japanese gyoza dumplings:
- Minced meat (pork) 500-700 g
- Cabbage leaves 5-6 pcs.
- Ginger 1 small root (5cm)
- Onion 1 pc.
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Sugar 3 tea spoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Soy sauce 3-5 table. spoons
- Starch 0.5 table. spoons
- Salt to taste. As a sauce:
- Soy sauce to taste
- Sesame to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Main ingredients: Pork, Flour
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Crockery, Plate, Rolling Pin, Saucepan, Glass or dumpling pan, Skimmer
Cooking Japanese dumplings - gyoza:
Step 1: Cook the dough for gyoza.Despite the fact that we have only two ingredients for the dough, this is the most important component of gyoza. The most important task is to cook the right dough. Pour the flour into a deep plate and gradually adding water, knead the dough. The amount of flour and water may differ from the indicated, since the flour is different in humidity. The dough should be soft, elastic and not sticky. We cover the finished dough with a damp towel and set aside for a while.
Step 2: Prepare the filling.
Step 3: Roll out the gyoza dough.
Step 4: We make Japanese dumplings.We take the cut out circle, moisten the edges of the dough with water, and in the middle we put a teaspoon of pickled minced meat. We connect and pinch the edges of the gyoza, take the next circle and so on until the last. Before we bring the gyoza ready-made, I will explain that, unlike Russian dumplings, Japanese not only cook and fry, but also deep-fried, steamed and even cooked as barbecue. You can choose any method, and in this recipe we will fry gyoza in a small amount of oil, and then stew. Let's pay tribute to traditions.
Step 5: Fry the gyoza.In a frying pan greased with oil, put the gyoza, seam up, so that each subsequent dumpling covers a little the previous one. Fry gyoza from the flat side to a golden crust over high heat. Then add water to the mid-level dumplings and simmer under the lid for 10 minutes. Then we remove the lid, increase the fire so that the remaining water evaporates. We get the gyoza with a slotted spoon and put it on the plate on the fry side.
Step 6: Prepare the sauce and serve gyoza.For the sauce in which we will dip the gyoza, season the soy sauce with paprika and add sesame seeds. Although cooking options, of course, a lot. It remains only to add a plate with sauce to gyoza and put chopsticks. And do not forget to say "Itadakimas" - as the Japanese say before each meal. Enjoy your meal!
- - Gyodza, like other dumplings, can be frozen if you have made too many dumplings and want to leave the piece until the next time.
- - A traditional side dish to gyoza, of course, rice. Finely chopped cabbage or green salad is also suitable.
- - You should not put too much filling, as the gouza dough is thin and can break.
- - When we add water to extinguish the gyoza, the oil will begin to hiss strongly and splatter, be careful!