We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Lean Fried Cabbage
- 1/4 cabbage
- Potato 2 pieces
- Beans 1 can
- Onion 1 piece
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Thyme fresh 3-4 sprigs
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Beans, Cabbage, Potato
- Serving 3 servings
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Kitchen stove, Frying pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Plates, Colander
Cooking lean fried cabbage:
Step 1: prepare the onion.Let's start by slicing all the ingredients. The onion will be the first, peel it from the husk, rinse under cold running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the onion in a small cube up to 1 centimeter in size and transfer to a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the beans.Then go to the beans. Open the jar and pour the liquid with the beans into a colander. Stir with a tablespoon several times so that the liquid is better than glass with beans. And leave for a while in a colander.
Step 3: prepare cabbage and greens.
Step 4: prepare the potatoes.We wash the potatoes under running water and remove the peel. Then cut into cubes up to 1.5 centimeters and leave on the board. We turn on the temperature of the stove to an average level, pour vegetable oil into the pan and put on the burner. Put the potatoes in the heated fat. And fry it for 5 - 7 minutes to a delicious golden crust, periodically stirring with a kitchen spatula.
Step 5: fry vegetables with onions.
Step 6: prepare lean fried cabbage.Continue cooking and spread the cabbage in the pan. Mix it with the rest of the ingredients, season the dish with black pepper and salt. As soon as the cabbage becomes soft, turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid. We leave the dish in this condition for 10 - 15 minutes, so that vegetables are better saturated with juice and aroma.
Step 7: serve lean fried cabbage.Lean fried cabbage is served hot and is considered the second course, which will be an excellent breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can add such cabbage with lean mayonnaise or lean sauce, along with slices of rye bread or lean buns. Enjoy your meal!
- - Fresh thyme can be replaced by dried. For this recipe, 1/2 teaspoon is enough or to taste, and use any other spices that are suitable for vegetable dishes.
- - If you do not have canned beans, then it can be replaced by ordinary and boiled at home.
- - Fried cabbage will be even tastier if you add tomato paste or fresh tomato to it.
- - To make the eyes watering less when slicing onions, first rinse the onion under cold water, and already in the process of chopping, several times, a knife.
- - In this recipe, white beans were used, but you can cook lean fried cabbage and with red beans, this will not greatly affect the taste.