Ingredients for making marshmallow mastic
- White marshmallow (without fillers) 500 grams
- Powdered Sugar 900 grams
- Distilled pure water 2 tablespoons
- Liquid vanilla extract 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Food colors as needed
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Microwave, Fine mesh sieve, Metal spatula, Plastic wrap, Aluminum food foil, Art brush (soft) - 3 - 4 pieces, Glass, Fridge, Storage container products (cardboard boxes, plastic bags) - how much is needed
Making marshmallow mastic:
Step 1: melt the marshmallows.Open the package with the marshmallows and place it in a deep bowl. Add the right amount of clean distilled water to the container with a tablespoon. In another deep bowl, draw ordinary running water so that it fills the container halfway. Place a bowl of marshmallows on this bowl and place the resulting structure in the microwave, turning on the timer for 30 seconds. After this time, open the microwave and mix the mass with a tablespoon. Marshmallows will melt rather slowly approximately 30 - 35 minutes be patient and do the above process several times until the mass in the bowl is smooth and completely homogeneous. When the marshmallow reaches the desired consistency, remove the bowls from the microwave, add the vanilla extract to the marshmallow and re-mix the mass with a tablespoon until smooth.
Step 2: prepare the marshmallow mastic.On a clean, dry kitchen table, using a fine mesh sieve, sift the right amount of powdered sugar. Then, in the resulting slide, make a deepening with a clean hand and pour the marshmallow into it. Sprinkle your hands with a little sugar powder and start kneading the mastic. Mix powdered sugar into a gradually thickening marshmallow. The resulting marshmallow dough - mastic should be soft, plastic, slightly stick to your hands. Using a metal spatula, separate from the entire mastic a small piece that you will be using at the moment, wrap the rest of the mastic in plastic wrap so that it does not wind off and does not dry out.
Step 3: color the marshmallow mastic.Lay the piece of mastic that you separated for the preparation of stucco molding on the kitchen table and divide into several smaller pieces. It’s very easy to color the mastic, just add a few drops of food coloring to the color you want and mix it with the mastic to a uniform consistency. Add paint a little, first 1 drop, if the color is pale and you are not satisfied, add another 1 drop. Thus, you can make several shades of any color, from blue to blue, from red to orange, from green to light green. A colored piece of mastic, before you use it, is also better to wrap in plastic wrap.
Step 4: we prepare figures with marshmallows from marshmallows.After you have painted the mastic in all the colors you need, you can begin to sculpt the figures. Sculpting animal sculptures is much easier than it might seem. Roll out small pieces of teardrop-shaped mastic to create the body and other parts of the desired animal. Creating arms and legs, also roll mastic in the form of droplets, and for heads roll mastic into a ball. The shape of the ears, nose and eyes depends on the animal whose figure you want to create. Attach body parts to each other with a small amount of clean distilled water using an art brush. After leaving the sculpted figures to dry before painting, preferably 2 to 3 days. But if you do not have much time, you can let them dry for 3 to 4 hours. Then using the same art brush and food colors, select the eyes, nose, ears. After painting, also allow the figures to dry and use them to decorate cakes, pastries, cupcakes or any other confectionery. Include all your imagination to create designs, animals, creatures and decorations.
Step 5: serve the marshmallow mastic.Marshmallow mastic is used immediately, after cooking it is divided into several parts and painted in the right colors using food color. Then, using the same dyes, they give the desired figure a more saturated image. Universal marshmallow mastic, very often used to decorate cakes, pastries, and various confectionery. Such mastic can completely cover the cake, rolling it into a thick layer up to 5 millimeters and after that make a magnificent festive design for this dessert. Mastic can be stored in the refrigerator from 6 to 7 weeks, pre-wrapping it in plastic wrap, and then in aluminum cling film. In the freezer, the mastic can be stored a few months, but do not forget that this sweet product is very afraid of moisture. Ready-made mastic figures are best stored in a tightly closed dry container, in a dry place, for several months. Cook with pleasure and enjoy! Enjoy your meal!
- - If you use marshmallow mastic to cover the cake, remember that it must be rolled out on the kitchen table with a pre-sprinkled small layer of powdered sugar. The thickness of the rolled formation should be no more than 5 millimeters, 3 to 4 millimeters is enough. Do not forget that the thinner the mastic is rolled out, the easier it breaks and the more visible all the irregularities of the base of the cake.
- - Marshmallow mastic is conveniently rolled into a layer between two large plastic sheets pre-lubricated with olive oil, which does not have a strong smell inherent in other types of vegetable fats.
- - In order for the surface of the cake decorated with mastic or any other product to shine, lubricate it with a solution of honey and vodka, in a 1: 1 ratio. Use a soft art brush to lubricate.
- - Products decorated with marshmallow mastic should be stored in a dry, hermetically sealed container, for example in a cardboard box, or plastic bag.
- - Instead of vanilla essence, you can add fresh squeezed or concentrated lemon juice to the mastic.
- - If you use large marshmallows, just cut it into small pieces and then prepare the mastic as indicated in the recipe.