Strawberry Jam Ingredients
- Fresh strawberries 1 kilogram
- Sugar 1 kilogram
- Main ingredients of Strawberry
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:Two sterilized glass jars of 0.5 liter each, Two sterilized lids for cans, Tin can, Deep bowl, Large pot or enameled basin, Knife, Cutting board, Kitchen stove, Large kitchen spoon, Cloth towel or cling film or kitchen paper towel, Clothespins - 3-4 pieces, Scoop, Wool blanket
Making strawberry jam:
Step 1: prepare the strawberries.In order for our jam not to ferment and our banks not to explode, the first thing to do is to rinse the strawberries well. To do this, put the berries in a deep bowl and fill the container with cold running water. Gently wash strawberries in water, being careful not to damage the fruit. Then we drain the water and fill the bowl a second time with clean water. Again, gently rinse the strawberries and drain the water again. Thus, we rinse the main ingredient in several stages. After that, we sort through the strawberries and tear off the ponytails. The processed strawberries are immediately transferred to a clean large pot or enameled basin. Attention: berries must be whole and ripe. Damaged or green berries must be laid aside. We lay out a large strawberry on a cutting board and cut it into several parts with a knife.
Step 2: make strawberry jam.
Step 3: serve strawberry jam.
- - Such strawberry jam, in addition to being put on a table as a separate dish and served with tea, can also be added to different berry pies or, grinding it in a meat grinder or in a blender, stuffed with different pastries.
- - Pre-sterilized jars with lids must be stored until they are preserved in a secluded place so that they do not get any dirt or midges. It is imperative to put the equipment upside down on a clean cloth towel.
- - For a more saturated color and aroma, at the very end of strawberry jam preparation, you can add a little citric acid (0.5-1 teaspoon, depending on the amount of strawberries).
- - If you still have damaged or unripe berries, do not throw them away. From such strawberries you can cook a delicious compote or jelly.
- - In order for strawberries to give more juice, when we put it in a saucepan for cooking, it is necessary to lay the berries in layers, alternating them with sugar.
- - To make the jam thick, you need to cook it as many times as possible. After boiling the dish 3 times, we get pretty liquid jam.
- - The density of jam is still very often dependent on the variety of strawberries. If you prefer liquid jam, then you need to choose dense berries that are quite hard inside, and their pulp does not look like mashed potatoes.