We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Catfish in Mushroom Sauce
- Catfish (fresh) 700 gr. - 1 kg.
- Onion 2 pcs.
- Fresh champignons 400 gr.
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp. spoons
- 2 pickled cucumbers
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp. spoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano 1 teaspoon
- Dill 1 bunch
- Main ingredients
- Portion 5-6
- World Cuisine
Frying pan, Stewpan, Knife, Cutting board, Spoon, Dish
Cooking catfish in mushroom sauce:
Step 1: Cut the catfish.The main advantage of catfish is that he has no scales and muscle bones. This is what allows him to very quickly cut and cook from it a wide variety of dishes. First of all, the fish should be washed well and scrubbed a little with a knife in water in order to remove mucus from it, along with dirt. Then with a sharp knife we separate the head of the catfish in the place of pectoral fins. After that, very carefully cut the belly of the carcass and remove all the insides. It is very important not to damage the gallbladder. fish. It is located at the base of the liver and looks like a small transparent sac with a yellowish-green liquid. If you damage it, then bile will flow out, and the fish will have a bitter taste. That is why everything must be done very carefully. Next, we remove all the films that are located at the inner walls of the catfish. We remove the fins and tail, after which I thoroughly clean the outside and inside of my fish.
Step 2: Prepare the fish.
Step 3: Prepare the sauce for the dish.We peel the onion, rinse it in water, and then cut into thin half rings. We clear the mushrooms from the film that covers the champignon's hat. To do this, we catch it with a knife at the junction of the legs with the hat and remove it completely. Next, carefully wash the mushrooms in water and cut into thin plates. We cut cucumbers into small cubes. Pour a little vegetable oil into the stewpan and first of all over medium heat fry the onion until golden brown. After we add the mushrooms and simmer a few more minutes, stirring occasionally. Next, add to the stewpan 1 cup boiled water and plant tomato paste in a saucepan. We add cucumbers to the total mass, add salt to taste, add oregano and chopped dill. Over low heat prepare the sauce for another 5 minutes, then turn it off and cool down a bit.
Step 4: Combine the ingredients and bake the dish.Pour the fish with the prepared sauce and place the dish on 40 minutes to previously warmed up 180 degrees the oven. During cooking, the smell will be such that you can hardly wait for the catfish in mushroom sauce on your table)
Step 5: Serve the catfish in mushroom sauce.The finished meal is served hot. We spread the pieces of catfish on portioned plates or in a common dish, pour plenty of sauce and in a hurry to please ourselves and our loved ones with this incredibly fragrant and tender fish. As an additional side dish, rice or potatoes cooked according to your desire are perfect. Good appetite!
- - Do not rush to throw out the head and tail of the catfish. After all, from them you can cook a very tasty and rich ear or just a fish broth. Even if you don’t intend to do this now, pack them in a bag and store them in the freezer until you need them.
- - If you don’t have tomato paste on hand, you can use ketchup or any tomato sauce in your refrigerator instead. In addition, you can finely chop a few tomatoes and use them instead of pasta.
- - It is very important to choose fresh fish for the dish. This can be defined as follows: the fish should be resilient and not exhale unpleasant odors. Also look under the gills of the fish, they should be scarlet uniform color, and the eyes of the catfish should be clear and bright. Muddy eyes are the first sign of not fresh fish.