We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The best way to eat it is on top of green beans and nectarines
Umbrella Los Angeles
This recipe is from eclectic American restaurant Norah in West Hollywood, contributed by Executive Chef Mike Williams. Norah's cuisine is seasonal and mainly locally sourced. The chef's recommended way to eat it is on top of green beans and nectarines.
To complete the dish per the chef's recommendation, blanch some green beans in salted, boiling water until tender but still al dente, then shock in ice water. Toss cooked green beans with corn dressing, then top with raw nectarines, purslane, crispy shallots, and toasted sesame seeds.
- 4 Cups grilled corn kernels, removed from cob
- 1/4 Cup sliced shallots
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 Cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup champagne vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup neutral flavored oil (we use grapeseed, but canola or olive oil would work fine)
- Salt and pepper, to taste